On a cold winter morning, a lone piano stands curbside in New York City. Passersby slow, stop, and play. Some play well. All day long they collect and disperse, and into the night they measure and shove and deliberate. What if…? Can we take it? Who abandons a piano?
Plinking slightly out-of-tune over the white noise of Broadway’s cars, buses, trucks, and sirens, the piano awaits its fate. Solo, Piano – NYC is a 5-minute film of the last 24 hours of a once-wanted piano.
- XI International Kansk Video Festival, Russia – 2nd Place Diploma
- James River Shorts – Best Film
- James River Shorts – People’s Choice Award
- Seoul Int’l Extreme-Short Image and Film Festival, Korea – Special Jury Award
- Lakeshorts Int’l Short Film Festival, Canada – Audience Choice Award
- Taos Shortz Film Fest – “Out of the Ordinary” Honorable Mention
- The Disposable Film Festival – Audience Choice Award
- Look3 Festival of the Photograph – Outstanding Photo Project of Today
- Newburyport Documentary Film Festival – Special Mention – Short Film